FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 1, 2023
Cannabis Job Fair and Information Session Planned at RVCC
SOMERVILLE, NJ – Valley Wellness, a medical cannabis dispensary located in Raritan Borough, is bringing a one-of-a-kind forum to the region on Monday, Feb. 13, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) in Branchburg. Attendees can enter a raffle.
This Job Fair and Information Session will be presented in RVCC’s Conference Center and will showcase information about the rapidly growing cannabis industry. Participation is open to all and is free of charge.
“We worked hard this year to get Valley Wellness open this past November. Now we’re excited to get into the community to provide information, education, and employment opportunities to area residents,” said Sarah Trent, C.E.O. of Valley Wellness, which is New Jersey’s first independently owned and operated medical cannabis dispensary.
Valley Wellness will be conducting on-site interviews throughout the event for positions in its dispensary, and Hillview Farms will be collecting resumes to start hiring later this spring. Those interested in securing an on-site interview at the event should pre-register by using this link: apply here. Walk-ins will also be given interviews, so participants are encouraged to bring their resumes.
During the event, presentations will be given by:
- Hillview Farms in Pequannock is New Jersey’s first licensed cultivator and is owned and operated by native New Jersey farmers.
- PremierMD, in Bridgewater is a medical practice headed up by Dr. David Boguslavsky who specializes in traditional and alternative patient-care methods. PremierMD will be on-site to explain the benefits of the medicinal use of cannabis and will be available to assist with the initial steps needed to obtain a NJ Department of Health Medicinal Marijuana card, for those interested.
- Michael Hoffman is a New Jersey attorney specializing in marijuana expungement cases.
- The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board oversees federally and state-funded career and employment services for businesses and residents in Hunterdon and Somerset counties. Staff will be on-site to answer questions related to employment services that they and their partners provide to Somerset and Hunterdon residents.
- Minorities for Medical Marijuana is a nonprofit organization committed to creating a culturally inclusive environment where diversity of thought, experience and opportunities are valued, respected, appreciated, and celebrated. Representatives will be on hand to serve as a resource by providing information, referrals and education regarding cannabis legislation, events, activities, and initiatives.
Valley Wellness will conduct a raffle for two scholarships, valued at $500 each, for a NJ Cannabis Certified course. The 15-hour, five-module certificate course is taught live via Zoom and is designed for those who are interested in working within the cannabis industry or anyone simply looking to learn more about cannabis. To learn more, visit https://njcannacert.com/.
Job Fair Partnerships
This job fair event is made possible through partnerships with Hillview Farms, Premier MD, the Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board, and Minorities for Medical Marijuana.