News from the Somerset County Board of County Commissioners
Shanel Y. Robinson, Commissioner Director Ÿ Melonie Marano, Commissioner Deputy Director
Sara Sooy, Commissioner Ÿ Paul M. Drake, Commissioner Ÿ Doug Singleterry, Commissioner
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2022
Jersey Job Club Offers Workshops for Career Seekers
The Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center in Somerville is hosting a series of Jersey Job Club Workshops in August. These workshops will be virtual, through Zoom, but a limited number of seats are available for in-person attendance at the One-Stop Career Center, located on 75 Veterans Memorial Drive, Somerville.
The partners in the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center have the expertise and knowledge to help job seekers achieve success. In Jersey Job Club workshops, a Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Coach leads one-hour to 90-minute-long discussions on topics aimed at assisting job seekers in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties. There is no charge to attend.
August dates and topics are:
- Monday, Aug. 8, 9 to 10 a.m.: Path to Employment – Planning Your Job Search – Workshop 1
- Monday, Aug. 8, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Networking – Best (fastest) way to find a job
- Monday, Aug. 15, 9 to 10:30 a.m.: Resume Writing Workshop 1 – Top Notch Resume
- Monday Aug. 15, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Resume Writing Workshop 2 – Cover Letters and More
- Monday, Aug. 22, 9 to 10:30 a.m.: Acing the Interview 1 – Preparing for the Interview
- Monday, Aug. 22, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Acing the Interview 2 – Answering Interview Questions
To attend virtually or in person, download and complete the registration form information/registration form,then email it to Richard.Peterson@dol.nj.gov by the Wednesday before the scheduled workshop, or call 908-704-3000 and ask for Rick or Mary Ann.
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board oversees federally and state-funded career and employment services for businesses and residents in Hunterdon and Somerset counties. Weekly text alerts highlight career and job opportunities in Somerset and Hunterdon counties. Text “onestop” to 565-12 to sign up.