News from the Somerset County Board of County Commissioners
Shanel Y. Robinson, Commissioner Director Ÿ Doug Singleterry, Commissioner Deputy Director
Sara Sooy, Commissioner Ÿ Melonie Marano, Commissioner Ÿ Paul Drake, Commissioner
For Immediate Release
October 26, 2023
Somerset County Voters Can Cast Ballots in Person at Six Locations from October 28 – November 5
Early Voting Is Available for All Voters Who Have Not Requested a Mail-In-Ballot
SOMERVILLE, NJ – Early voting for the 2023 General Election will be available to eligible voters at any of six polling locations in Somerset County from Saturday, October 28 to Sunday, November 5. The polling locations will open at 10 a.m. every day, closing at 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at 6 p.m. on Sundays.
The six early voting poll locations are:
- Bernards Community Center Garage, 289 South Maple Ave, Basking Ridge
- Bridgewater Municipal Court, 100 Commons Way, Bridgewater
- Franklin Community Center, 505 DeMott Lane, Somerset
- Hillsborough Municipal Building, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough
- Montgomery Municipal Building, 100 Community Drive, Skillman
- North Plainfield Community Center, 614 Greenbrook Road, North Plainfield
Only voters who have not requested a mail-in ballot are eligible to vote on a machine in person early or on election day, November 7. Mail-in ballots cannot be returned to in-person polling places, but must be submitted by 8 p.m. on November 7, 2023 via the United States Post Office, at one of the 17 ballot drop boxes (http://soconj.gov/dropbox), or at the Somerset County Board of Elections at 20 Grove Street in Somerville.
If a voter has misplaced, damaged, or not yet received their mail-in ballot, they should call Somerset County Clerk Steve Peter’s office at (908) 231-7013 to request a replacement ballot. In order to have a ballot mailed to a voter, the request must be made by October 31. New or vote-by-mail replacement ballots may be requested in person at the Somerset County Clerk’s office at 20 Grove Street, Somerville until Monday, November 6 at 3 p.m.
The Clerk’s office is open weekdays until 4 p.m. and will have special election hours on Wednesday, November 1 until 6 p.m. and Saturday, November 4 from 9 a.m. to noon to assist voters in obtaining mail-in-ballots.
The following are convenient webpages to learn more about the 2023 General Election:
- General Election Guidelines: http://soconj.gov/elec2023
- Request a VBM Ballot: http://soconj.gov/requestvbm
- Request a Replacement VBM Ballot: http://soconj.gov/replacevbm
- Ballot Drop Box Locations: http://soconj.gov/dropbox
- Early Voting and Election Day Polling Places: http://soconj.gov/pollingplace
- Candidate listing: https://somersetcountyvotes.com/Candidates.html
# # #